• The Chief Project Officer is the head of the Urban Poverty Alleviation Cell.
• The CPO has responsibility of Implementation and Supervision of Development Works such as Indira Canteen Scheme, Supervision of SFC Untied, SFC Special, SFC Drinking Water, SFC Roads & Parks, SFC Incentives grants.
• Implementation and Supervision of Welfare Schemes such as 24.10% (SC/ST), 7.25% (Urban Poor) and 5% (Physical Challenged) in the ULBs.
• Implementation and Supervision Pourakarmika Gruha Bhagya Yojane and Porakarmikas Welfare.
• Implementation and Supervision of Anganawadi Centers in urban area.
• Supervision of Sakala Programme.
• Any other work entrusted by Director, DMA time to time.
Source: DMA, GoK.