• The Chief Engineer is the head of the Technical Section.
• The Technical section has responsibility of supervision of all types of works taken up by the ULBs. Scrutiny of estimates, technical sanction and put up the files for administrative approval to DMA and any other works entrusted by the Director from time to time.
• The proposals submitted by the ULBs through the Deputy Commissioner of respective District in the matters of Nagarothana Developmental activities, Execution of works and schemes will be examined by this Directorate under the provision of guidelines and circulars of the Government, issued from time to time.
• All proposals sent by the ULB for release of funds, sanctions, approvals, disciplinary matters are routed through Deputy Commissioner of the concerned district.
• Each case is examined by building up file by the Assistant Engineers. After examination of the case by Assistant Executive Engineers, Executive Engineer Superintending Engineer and Chief Engineer, file is put up to the Director for suitable approval.
• The approval taken is communicated to the concerned through a letter/email. The Superintending Engineer, generally supervises all the works carried out by the sub ordinate officers and staff.
Source: DMA, GoK.